12.31.2005

new years rumination

“true love is a rose that i guess is locked to get closed”

I woke up from a nightmare last night. I woke up into reality unsure of which side I belonged on. Sometimes nightmares are undistinguishable from the truth.

Reality is an outdated concept in my opinion. Reality dictates that even the most random happenings in my life are valid. Frankly, I don’t always want them to be. “Dawna, you are letting him do it to you again. Reality check, didn’t you do this yesterday and the day before and the day before?” Yes I did. And I much prefer the denial. Wouldn’t life be better (and I’m strictly speaking in the moment. Consequences of actions should never be considered until after the fact) if we disregarded the thorn on our sides, this reality, and started living!? Imagine the possibilities, we could love those who hurt us, spend money we don’t have. We could live like gods. Join me, let reality go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home