2.15.2006

something extrordanary happened on my drive home from school earlier tonight. i was thinking about someone and how depressed they make me as i drove up onto the I-84 bridge. as feet of pavment flew beneath me i saw only the horizon as it rose in front of me. i saw the moon rise above the concrete barrier large as the sky itself. surrounded and nurtured in a blanket of grey clouds i witnessed the man in the moon weeping. his face reflected the own anguish i feel over a life never meant to be. i noticed one of my all time favorite songs was playing; a never-fail beauty of symphonic indie. as i watched my own soul 3.8 quadrillion ångströms away, the city spread out below. twenty miles of suburbs twinkled in front of me. as the bridge crested it began to curve, drawing my sight away from the suburbs. slower then time and at seventy miles per hour my city swirled around me. skyscarpers stood tall as millions the millions of people surrounding me ceased to exist. it was love and beauty in its purest form, me taking my city in. everything that had been weighing on my mind in recent weeks and hours and seconds vanished. almost brought this cold hearted bitch to tears.

14 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

were you thinking of me weren't you? why do I make you depressed? ...I know, you miss me dont you. admit it, I bring insperation and vision to your soul and shite, huh?


ookaay... so it probably wasnt me...

(uncomfortable silence...)
>achem< So... Uh... yeah. umm, how's it goin?
-The Colonel

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger D said...

For those of you who dont know, no I am not a hooker.

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will just pretend it was me

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger D said...

Yeah you do that ;)

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but my guess is it was not because you are still mad at me

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger D said...

like it had anything to do with you, jerkoff. you think you can just wait it out?

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger D said...

Well, I never!!

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then the squirrel ate Dib's greasy head.


Tacos!!!

-Colonel

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am kind of hoping you forgive me
time does heal all wounds

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger D said...

telling me you actually meant it really doesnt help. i want you to leave me alone.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, uh......
...I uh....
my lycos is down so I was just chekin' on yo-

Look it seems I've come at a bad time. I'll ahh....
...check back later, k?

-jefe

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger D said...

no worries. matt is just being a prick like usual. he said he didnt like me as a person when i was sober. all is well

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...And then the wee lass died and never responded to freinds or updated her blogspot.

teh end
-colonel

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grrrrr... (chewing at pillows and tearing up a pair of socks)

grumpy grumpy, bad day

jefe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home